I’ve finished covering this 60′s swivel chair with some rather splendid bright green and crisp white fabric. Working with no pattern is really liberating itching to do some more make-overs now. I used some old cheap material to mock up first in order to get the right shapes, then it was a matter of simply stitching it all together, ironing those seams open so they stay nice and crisp, sewed a hem with elastic inside and pulled it taught over the chair. Lovely!
Here is my update!
- Clean up living room and related closets.
- Repairs are being taken care of this week. Bathroom window edging fixed.
- Declutter books and all media. CD’s on Amazon -Check, DVD’s Ditched – Check, Beloved Books – Stay.
- Cancel 75 percent of the catalogs you receive. I did this with all the junk e-mails I get! Marvellous stuff. Will continue to do so too.
- Empty Outbox this week.
- Confirm what you need to increase or decrease color in each room. More apple green & fresh white in kitchen, more mustard and turquoise in the Hall
- Identify what you need to increase or decrease softness in each room. Fabric! Bliss!
- Cook three meals at home this week. We cheated as we went to my folks and ate, ate, ate. So this one is done!
- Send out your invitations. I will be combing the end with a Vintage Dressing Up Party! Invites to be sent. Date confirmed.
- Begin Shopping List and enter all prices into a spreadsheet. Like I don’t already have one of these? Spreadsheets for everything including coloured columns… its the doing part that I’m still building up to!
- Decide on the total scope of work to be done. Step away from the spreadsheets…
- Consider hiring a professional organizer. What? Huh You mean there is a job for that *considers changing careers*
- Visit a paint store this week to find samples. It’s my secret shame to raid the colour samples…